Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Engagement

Well it's official!! I know its probably not a huge surprise to most of you, but I can now tell you that Ryan and I are getting married on November 21st in the Draper Utah Temple!!! We have known that we were going to get married for a few months now, and it's exciting now that it's official!

I was able to go to North Carolina and spend some time with him and Tyler and Katie and Kendalynn this last week. I had a great time and it was really hard to come back to Rexburg.

So just to share the story with you guys on how he proposed. Well as I am sure you all know, we met on a cruise, and we both like scuba diving. On Thursday we drove to the coast and went diving. We dove two ship wrecks. On the first dive, it was fine, we were at the bottom of the ship (in the ship) and I was off exploring. And I turned around to see where he was at, and he told me to come here. As I approached him I could see that he had a sea shell in his hand. And I was thinking oh nice, you found a shell, good for you. But didn't think anything of it. Well then he opened the shell, and there was the ring. He then had these little cards taped up so he could take them under water and it said "Kara Marie Buttle will you marry me?" I started hyperventilating and shook my head yes.

Later on I come to find out that he had a couple of different ideas of how he wanted to propose, but he decided to do it this way so he didn't have to say anything. He's so funny. He knew he would probably stumble over his words so this way he got out of it. So sneaky.

So here are a few pictures from my trip.


Me and Katie have the same shirt

Kendalynn





And here's the ring, both Me and Ryan's favorite part is the suspended diamond.











This is at the Duke Gardens, they were so pretty!











This was taken the night we got engaged, right before we went to bed, so we look really tired.

On our way home from diving, I think it's funny that Ryan looks like a little boy in this picture, with his long hair not done. We cut it for him that night. We as in Me and Katie!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

NOw I know where I had seen that pink shirt before, I thought you had another one like it but I guess it was Katie who had the shirt, funny. Your ring is beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person. love you

Buttle Family said...

Congrats! You two are such a cute couple. Ryan is a lucky guy. We love him tons. He is fun to be around. We are glad you are getting married in Utah. Can't wait to see you.

Kelsey Kinser said...

Congratulations! I am So excited for you guys!!! You are going to be the most gorgeous bride ever!

Karie said...

Oh, what a surprise! NOT! We are so happy for you! We will be out there in Utah on that date - nice coincidence! Yeah!

Becky said...

Congratulations! What a happy time. Have a wonderful engagement!

Anonymous said...

SO EXCITING!! i saw casey a few hours after it happened and he told me so i called and left a message, but sometimes my phone does weird things, so i don't know if you got it!! i am so happy for you!! congradulations!

TheSandyCastle said...

Kara!! Super super congratulations!! I'm so excited that it's finally official - And your ring is so beautiful. I love it! My only regret is that I'll miss your wedding, since I'll already be in Argentina by then. But I'll be there in spirit!! Love you! <3

Kathryn S. said...

YAY! Congrats, CONGRATS! I can't wait to see you and your ring and hear all about your wedding plans!

Cami Sullivan said...

Kara, you deserve all the happiness in the world and I'm so glad you found such an awesome guy. I am very excited to meet him!! CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!!!