Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cookies gone bad

So...these are cookies...well at least that's what they were suppose to be. So Sunday night I had a lot of energy, Kyle and Branden were over, and I suddenly was in the mood for cookies. Branden said he would make cookies if I went stadium singing. So we pinky promised. Well me and Lisa went visiting teaching and left the boys home to finish the cookies...and when I get home I see this pan of bubbling cookies in the oven, I pulled them out and took a picture.
The truth is that I mixed everything together because we didn't have any butter, so the boys were out asking all the girls in the complex if they had any butter, and I measured out 3/4 cups of flour and put it on the counter before we left to go visiting teaching. Well when the boys got back to finish the cookies, they put the butter in and the 3/4 cups of flour in thinking that I had measured out the right amount of flour, when in fact 3/4 cups was less than half of what the recipe called for. If they would have looked at the recipe that would have noticed that more flour was needed. Boys are just really silly sometimes. But it was hysterical, I couldn't stop laughing.

So this is Kyle...I blame it on him
Branden me and Kyle...notice how Kyle is pointing at me...
So I made this, and it is 100% edible.
It's a fruit basket, I had to make it for my project.
It's even strong enough to carry like a basket

6 comments:

Cami Sullivan said...

Oh my goodness, you are so talented, Kara! Have you ever considered being a culinary artist full-time? I'm amazed at that basket- holy cow!!!

Katie said...

WOAH NELLIE! Kara, that is amazing stuff you made! I can't wait for you to make some for me some day lol. Hilarious about those cookies, I had no idea they could do that.

Buttle Family said...

Wow! That looks so amazing. I wish I was there to eat it.

Karie said...

May I come eat your edible basket along with its contents? Thank you!

Karon said...

Your edible basket of goodies looks fantastic! I'm very impressed!

~Orchideh~ said...

WOW!! Those look amazing Kara! HOw is GA??