Tuesday, January 20, 2009

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

So as I mentioned last week, I did go down to Utah this weekend to visit Ryan. And my dear Cousin, Katie, is so eager to hear my good news, I promised her I would update before the end of the day.

Well I left Friday early afternoon to head to Sandy, I made it to SLC where I spent half an hour catching up with Kyle. He seems to be doing well, and has made a lot of friends. Half an hour is all I could take because I couldn't handle the anticipation to see Ryan again ANY LONGER. lol.

When I arrived at Ryan's house, much to my surprise his entire family was there. It wasn't a big deal because I had met them all before, but it was just unexpected. I then joined his family for dinner and a fun game of 'Would you Rather'. That night me and Ryan watched Hairspray because he had never seen it, and he served his mission in Baltimore (where the movie was located) and he really wanted to see what it was all about.

Saturday Ryan had a work meeting in Ogden from 9:30 to about 1:30. So we went up there and I dropped him off, and I went and did temple baptisms in the Ogden Temple and then went and did some shopping at the Ogden mall. After that I went and picked him up, and his work took the whole crew (including me) to go sky diving. Now don't be alarmed. It was indoor sky diving. It was like a simulation thing, you got all geared up in your sky diving outfit, and then were placed in this tube with huge fans below you blowing you up. It was fun and a lot harder than it looked. If you didn't keep your body in perfect alignment, you would fall. So I got a certificate that says I have completed the basic flight training course. It was a lot of fun. Ryan has been sky diving for real and said that it wasn't the same adrenaline rush as actual sky diving, but still fun! Sorry, I don't have any pictures from skydiving.

Saturday night we went to Provo and played several fun games of wally ball at BYU with Ryan's cousins. Then after that we went swing dancing at a club there in Provo. We went two weeks ago, and it was a lot of fun. Me and Ryan are getting pretty good, we've picked up on some sweet moves! We've danced together enough now we know how each other moves, so that makes it a lot easier to dance together.

Sunday we went to church, and went down to his cousin's homecoming, she just got home from her mission from Southern California. There I was able to meet what seemed like a million cousins. There is no way I could tell you even one of his cousin's names, there are SO MANY. So I have now met a lot of his cousins on both sides of the family, which has been fun, yet overwhelming. lol. Sunday night we got together with Ryan's family and played Mexican Train till about 11:30. We were all so tired. But it was SO MUCH FUN! I got second place!

Ryan's Grandpa is in the hospital with a staff infection, so Monday morning we went down there to see him and spent an hour or so with visiting him. It's was hard because he looked so healthy, yet he was stuck in this hospital bed. After the hospital we hiked up this canyon right behind his house (just south of Little Cottonwood Canyon if any of you know where that is). It was beautiful! We hiked about halfway up the canyon to this waterfall. Here are some pictures:


You can't really see the falls because they were partly iced over.






Here we are hiking in the mountains, in the snow, in short sleeves...both wearing our matching t-shirts from the cruise! YEAH!

I don't know, just some random pictures taken before we went to play games on Sunday night.

So we were getting ready to take this picture, but then his phone rang, so this is a blooper, but I still thought it was a funny one.

Swing Dancing!!!
So just to give you the 411 because I know Katie is dying to know...as I am sure you all know, Ryan goes to school in Cedar City, 6 hours away...bummer I know. But he's looking into transferring to BYU-I for the Fall of 2009. I am off track in the fall, so I would have to get onto fast grad which would put me done with my classes April of 2010, with only my internship left. As for this Summer, it's still up in the air, I might be going home this summer to do my internship, but that still has a lot of kinks to work out, so I am not sure yet how it's all going to work out. All we know is that we don't want to be apart any longer than we have to be. I'll be sure to keep you updated as plans are made.
Well I seriously need to get back to my homework now. I'll keep you updated.

5 comments:

Buttle Family said...

Sounds like a nice guy. When do we get to meet him? You know St. George is only 45 minutes from Cedar City and the weather here is awesome if you like the sun.

Katie said...

KARA!

Thank you for the news dearie! I just get so excited about hearing things like this. By the time he comes up here for school, John and I will have already moved :( we'll still meet him I'm sure. Will he ever visit you up here this semester or next do ya think?

Anonymous said...

Wow Kara! That's way exciting! Way cute pics! He's adorable!

Kelly said...

Your hike looks like it was so cold. Looks like you guys had fun together. Tell Ryan I said hello.

Cami Sullivan said...

Sweet!!!! I'm so happy for you!