Monday, February 2, 2009

The Weekend

So bad news...the few pictures that were taken this weekend are all on Ryan's Camera. So I currently have no pictures to share, sorry. If it helps, we both still look the same. lol.

I had a wonderful time this weekend with Ryan and his family again. I always feel so welcomed, and I appreciate the Harward's hospitality in letting me stay with them.

Me and Ryan had a lot of fun activities planned this weekend, but was interrupted by my sickness. I was so dizzy, to the point where I couldn't even move. But fortunately Ryan's dad did some work on me and got me all fixed up and I feel much better now! Thanks Brother Harward!

Friday night we watched a movie called Firehouse or something like that with Ryan's parents, it was a good movie and had a great message. Saturday we were going to go Snowboarding, but Ryan said we couldn't go because of my dizziness. I begged him to go because I felt so bad keeping him from doing something that he was really looking forward to do. I would just take it easy and make it work, but his kind generous self gave up snowboarding for me! SNOWBOARDING!!! That's a big deal for Ryan, he's like a pro snowboarder and has been snowboarding since he was like 8 years old or something close to that. So that was sweet of him, even though I felt terrible that I was keeping him from doing something he loved, I appreciate him watching out for my best interest. Instead we went on a short snowshoe hike up this canyon behind his house, it was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun. I really do love the mountains and the peacefulness of being in nature. Saturday night we were able to go down to BYU and go to a Jon Schmidt concert, and it was a blast! He his such a wonderful entertainer and so enjoyable to listen to.

So Sunday was the typically, went to Church, got a nap and drove home. Nothing too exciting. One thing that me and Ryan like to do on Sunday's when we're together is read, whether it be the scriptures or conference talks, it's enjoyable and gives us the opportunity to grow together spiritually, which I think is so important.

So since I don't have any pictures to share or really a whole lot to report, how about I let you guys get to know Ryan a little more so you can see why I just love him so much!

  • He is a scuba diver
  • Loves the outdoors
  • Is so active and is always going 100 MPH, that's why I always come home from the weekends so worn out.
  • He's like my Dad in the way that he always has to be doing something, even sitting there and watching a movie I think is sometimes hard for him.
  • He is so thoughtful and is always more interested in what I want to do rather than what he wants to do
  • This is a big one: HE IS NOT OBSESSED WITH SPORTS, it drives me nuts when my brothers can't even blink because they're watching a silly football game. Ryan can watch them, but he doesn't live his life around a silly game.
  • He is very practical, just like me!
  • He treats me better than anyone else ever has.
  • He is constantly giving me compliments even when I don't deserve them.
  • He has a strong testimony in the Lord as our Savior and Redeemer.
  • Even though he doesn't know it, he is constantly inviting me to become a better person.
  • In a way he's a lot like Tyler, where he is always looking for an adrenaline rush and is always looking for ways to almost kill himself like a double back flip on a snowboard, or a back flip as he goes running up a wall. He's crazy and has given me a couple heart attacks before.

Well there's many many more to share, but I have a lot of homework to get caught up on, so I'd best be getting started. Again I am sorry there's no pictures, but when I get them from Ryan, I'll be sure to put them up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sounds so awesome Kara!! However, I must say, if he gives you not just one but SEVERAL heart attacks, I would seriously reconsider. Otherwise, you'll be dead by the ripe age of 25.

Buttle Family said...

We can't wait to see ya. Just let us know.

Kelly said...

wow, thats a lot of things to like about just one person. I am glad you are happy, can't wait to see you next weekend.